Hostess Sans Frontieres

Posted by Unknown On Wednesday, May 19, 2010
As the homework begins today, with the Aspiration Statement and resume updating and paperwork galore, just a quick observation: all life is about relationships. And if there’s one thing I know, it’s relationship-building. Relationship-building is, arguably, the biggest thing that I’ll bring to the Peace Corps party. Whether it’s a meeting with an NGO or an evening at home with friends . . . it’s all about relationships. And speaking of party: relationship building can require entertaining. A meal, a dance party . . . I’m just sayin’. OK, I concede, “for cocktails” probably won’t be on any invitation for the next 27 months. And the cocktail shaker is staying at home. However, the monogrammed linen cocktail napkins definitely are going. Because proper entertaining knows no borders. How does one entertain properly in Burkina Faso? Might I introduce to Burkina Faso one of my favorite institutions on the African continent: the grand ol’ safari tradition of sundowners? What would Alton Brown do? We can only speculate.

0 Response to "Hostess Sans Frontieres"