It’s official. Burkina Faso, June 21 staging. Just breathe. What was that June 22 departure stuff?
OK, so I’m sure I heard it in some type of movie about the president, or maybe in some film where someone is carrying missile codes in a metal briefcase. You’ve heard it, too. Someone is talking into the transmitter on their wrist saying, “the package is rolling.” In my world, this refers to my Lakeland Terrier. It simply means that she’s on the move. As they say of the wild animals in Botswana: “mobiling.” Maybe off to the dinner bowl or after a squirrel. Next month, however, the package is rolling, and on June 21, Jill the Pill is rolling to Rusty. Twenty-seven months, Rusty dear, while I’m in Burkina Faso. The package is rolling . . . toys, bowls, leashes, vet records, all in tow. Simultaneously, I’ll be rolling off to Burkina Faso in the SED program. Will I stop pacing long enough to read the long-awaited Invitation Kit? As I ripped into the UPS package, did it really play an official Peace Corps anthem, or was I dreaming? We can only speculate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Congrats! I'll be headed over June 7. See you there, Cheers!
Congrats! My guess is that staging is June 21, and you fly out June 22 so it makes sense!