I’m Pitching My Tent

Posted by Unknown On Friday, May 14, 2010

I’ve got this notion that some of us who received eMails from our POs about the 22 June SSA departure may have already received and possibly accepted invitations; in which case someone will be updating PCWiki with this mysterious 22 June destination. As for me, the invitation isn’t here yet, which is not surprising since it was sent on 12 May. Incidentally, it’s not merely an invitation – the PC says that it’s an "invitation kit!" I’m picturing blue, bejeweled . . . probably plays some PC anthem (yes, I’m dreaming, I know). But a kit! A genuine kit! So this weekend, instead of reorganizing that sock drawer (always riveting), I’m pitching a tent in my front yard to wait for the UPS driver. Well, maybe not, though roughing it in the wilds of a shady lawn in Irving, Texas might not be bad practice. Though my St. Augustine lawn, azaleas, and oak trees probably don’t well-mimic Sierra Leone, or Burkina Faso, or Swaziland, or . . . . WHERE oh where will it be?! Will the invitation arrive tomorrow? We can only speculate?

2 Response to "I’m Pitching My Tent"


  1. Anonymous Said,

    Swaziland is my guess for you. I am so jealous. I am in PCP (Peace Corps Purgatory) waiting for an invite. Like you I sold the house, moving in with my 83 year old mother next week, convinced mom to dog sit for two years, have boxes for storage, leaving my town and life in Ohio. And I run to check email and toolkit like a teenager waiting for a boyfriend.
    SO, south of the equator for you? No wearing white until Dec. 22? I so relate to your comments!
    You will get a blue package, velcro, file folders and lots more info.