For anyone out there who hasn’t yet completed your interview, please don’t be as silly and naive as I was (or as I was about to be).
I had the idiotic notion that I’d appear at my interview bedecked in my Meryl Streep Out Of Africa khakis. I was going to look oh-so ready for Africa. Starched white shirt, khaki skirt, bush boots . . . you get the idea. And yes, I actually own this outfit – more than one, in fact.
True, the mere recollection is embarrassing, and equally humiliating to put in writing. What stopped me? I just happened to attend a public PC event the night prior to my interview, and I happened to ask what was appropriate interview attire. I was told: completely professional business attire. No, not business-casual, and certainly not my khakis (starched or not!). And so it was business suit, heels and all. There’s your tip of the day. How naive was I? We can only speculate?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 Response to "My Tip of the Day - The Interview"