At some point I’ll need to leave the PCJ Applicant tab and move to the blog-world of the real-live PC trainees/volunteers. I’m sad. Though the Applicant/Nominee process was lengthy, fraught with uncertainty, and completely mind-boggling, I’ve grown accustomed to the land of Applicant blogs. It’s sort of my happy nursery-school for those about to embark into the real world of the PC. I used to wonder about the blogs of Applicants who never received an Invitation (I was convinced I’d be among that unhappy group). I surmised that those Applicants simply ceased writing in their blogs . . . maybe they asked the PCJ website to discretely and unceremoniously remove their blog. I had all these thoughts about my own blog (and if you’re an Applicant reading this, stop thinking that way. You’ll be fine.).
“But now that we’re going I feel sad . . . really sad.” If that line sounds familiar (and it won’t), it's a quote from a favorite movie. You think I’ve seen Dr. Zhivago too many times? Is there such a thing as Dr. Zhivago too many times? When I leave Applicant-land, who will magically place the flag of Burkina Faso next to the title of my humble blog? Will that be the website admin folks? Do they love Dr. Zhivago, too? We can only speculate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 Response to "Leaving Applicant Land"